These are my food-related goals for 2010:
- Try three foods that scare me.
- Shop more at farmers markets, less at Meijer.
- Grow tomatoes on my balcony.
- Learn and try some new food preservation techniques (I got this book for Christmas).
- Eliminate high-fructose corn syrup from my diet, as much as possible.
- Learn more about local, sustainable eating.
It looks fancy, and Chris and I felt like we were in a nice restaurant. However, as anyone who has made pita pizza knows, it's really simple: pita, sauce, cheese, bake. If I'm just making one, I'll put it in the toaster oven, but I made two today so I used the big oven. As usual, don't worry about the measurements - I'm guessing.
Pretend-Fancy Spinach Pizza (serves 1)
- 1 Whole wheat pita
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (I used Prego roasted red pepper & garlic today)
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- ~10 leaves uncooked baby spinach
- Red pepper flakes and rosemary
2. Spread tomato sauce on pita. Sprinkle with cheese, spinach, and spices.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes until pita is crispy, cheese is browned, and spinach is dry.