Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Veggie Sandwich on Pita

I ate lunch early because I couldn't wait to try this! The recipe is basic, and I think I'll repeat it frequently. To take this to work, I packed the hummus and tomatoes separately so they wouldn't make everything else soggy. I just assembled it at lunchtime. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera.

Veggie Sandwich on Pita

Ingredients
  • Pita bread cut into pockets
  • Hummus
  • Sunflower seeds
  • Thinly sliced cheese (I used Swiss)
  • Vegetables in small pieces (I used sliced tomatoes, chopped carrots, and spinach)
  • Salt and pepper
Directions
  • Lightly toast pita.
  • Spread inside of pita with hummus.
  • Top with seeds, cheese, and vegetables; season with salt and pepper.
Try substituting other vegetables, cheeses, and spreads - turns out my friend Mia had almost the same thing for lunch today, but with herb cream cheese and some other veggies.

On another note: please forgive the inconsistent formatting! I'm having some trouble with Blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment