Friday, May 22, 2009

Hello!

I'm Katie.  I'm a recent university graduate living in Michigan.  In the last year I've become more interested in cooking as a way to eat healthier, save money, and live more sustainably.  Most of what I cook is vegetarian, for the above reasons and because I don't like dealing with raw meat.  My favorite flavors to work with are garlic, coriander, rosemary, and lemon; my favorite vegetables are spinach, bell peppers, and broccoli, and my favorite proteins are lentils, white beans, and black beans.  Also, I LOVE SOUP. 

 

I started this blog after I realized I was calling my mom on a weekly basis seeking maternal validation for my latest cooking adventure.  Now, she can follow me online and see pictures and recipes - I still call her, though.  My plan is to post at least once a week, showing what I've made and passing along some great recipes from other cooks. 

 

I hope people will want to recreate some of my dishes. Unfortunately, I don't usually measure my ingredients unless I'm going off someone else's recipe; I'm trying to get a feel for cooking.  If you really want measurements, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment