Anyway, Wednesday was sunny and warm (for Michigan) and I was craving summer flavors: roasted red pepper, lemon, feta cheese. This was the delicious and simple result. I recommend it with New Holland Brewing Company's Cabin Fever brown ale. Yum.
"Master Plan" Pasta (serves 4)
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted and coarsely chopped (it's easy - see instructions here)
- half a large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 can white beans, rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- red pepper flakes to taste - go easy
- 1/4 cup or more crumbled feta cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- four servings of your favorite cooked pasta (I used whole wheat macaroni)
- Heat olive oil in a pan; add onions and saute for five minutes.
- Add chopped pepper, garlic, beans, and red pepper flakes. Saute for another few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve bean mixture over pasta, with a drizzle of olive oil, a few squeezes of lemon juice, salt and pepper, and a sprinkle of feta. Stir before eating.