Super-Easy Black Bean Soup
- Black beans (canned or cooked, with their liquid)
- Salsa (about 1 cup for each can of black beans - I use Pace picante mild)
- Broth (I use vegetable broth, my mom uses chicken)
- Chili powder and cumin
- Frozen or fresh corn (optional)
- Tortilla chips, shredded cheese (Monterrey, Pepper Jack, or Cheddar are good), sour cream for serving
- Dump can(s) of black beans in a saucepan without rinsing.
- Pour in salsa, corn (as much as you want - I like a lot!), chili powder (a couple shakes, maybe 1/2 tsp?), a couple pinches of cumin, and broth to make the amount you want. You can also throw in some chips to thicken the soup.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Simmer until ready to eat. Serve with crumbled tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream.